Thursday, March 1, 2012

Quality Time

Life has been pretty busy here at our house...
When this happens balance is always a tricky issue. 
For the last couple weeks Jaxson and I have been butting heads. He is at the stage between little kid and teeny bopper. I refer to him as a tween...technically I don't know if this is right but I am going with it. 
I kind of felt that he needed some me & him time...and man was I right. 
At first he was kind of like ughhh...what are we doing??? blahhh...
But after 5 min. of my undivided attention, he blossomed & had a wonderful time. 
We talked about school, friends, girls, what he liked, what he wanted, what he thought about things and lots more. 
At dinner I asked him...What can I work on Jaxson so that you & I can get along better? So we don't butt heads so much...
He answered in a very 9 year old way... You never let me do what I want to do like play on the computer or video games all night! 
I explained that I understood that he liked to do those kind of things. But that it was important that he also spend time with people & doing active things. The best part about this conversation is that he was able to tell me his feelings. For me as a mother that is important because I don't ever want my kids to feel like they can't talk to me.
 We had dinner then went to  get hot cocoa/tea and sat enjoying the beautiful scenery of Bellingham Bay. Then we went to paint pottery in Fairhaven.
Driving home...I decided that I am going to make this something I do regularly with each one of my kids Maybe monthly or every 2 months but I want it to be OUR thing. With 3 kiddos it has been challenging at times trying to juggle everything and still feel like I am doing a good job.  Tonight was the start of truly finding balance again!




God has made me the mother to 3 little blessings....God give me the wisdom, strength, patience, humility, guidance, grace & LOVE to parent them the best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment