Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crazy Sexy Sundays

Well, I am on day 6 of my Crazy Sexy Diet 21 day Cleanse journey! 
Let me break down my week a little bit...


Day 1 -

Can I really do this...I really REALLY want coffee!! Oh & there is a party at Small Group...Great. Made myself a wonderful green juice & sustained. My kind friend, Elisa did make some amazing vegan-gluten free cupcakes which yes I had one (heaven..).Munch on some carrots, an apple & another juice. I ended the first day with a really awful headache from cutting the coffee cold turkey. Totally was my own fault & went to bed early because I just couldn't even open my eyes.

One big motivation for me was on Sunday night I watched, Fat, Sick & Dearly Dead a documentary about a man who changed his life & others by juicing. Check it out, It will open your eyes well at least it did mine.

Day 2- Woke up with a bit of Headache but juiced for breakfast & decided it was going to be a great day! I did some yoga/breathing...read my book & just relaxed. I really felt my body cleansing & started to feel a fog lift. I had an amazing salad for dinner and went to bed hungry. Yep,I am hungry...this is pretty big change for me &about reteaching myself to not always grab for a super processed filling food like I am use to. I know that this is what I want for my body & life so it is all worth. it..KEEP FOCUSED...

*Also I got some suggestions about soaking in an epsom salt bath for headaches, I decided to give it  a try! I felt so refreshed afterward.. my headache was soothed...I don't know if it was the salt or just mentally relaxing but either way it helped.

Day 3 - This is the day that I felt like things really started to turn around especially my energy & spunk. I juiced for Breakfast and have learned that I love bananas for a snack to hold me over. I also dipped into some nut butter for an adding fulfillment (all natural with flax seeds in it found at Trader Joes). I was excited to go into work & see how the others have been doing. Its been great to have a support system to chat with, talk about food & all that good stuff.



Day 4- I woke up & juiced....I LOVE JUICING...its part of me now! I went to get a massage & was that amazing...HECK YES...it was so relaxing. I really carry a lot of stress in my neck muscles so I believe that massage therapy is a must for me. Just another way that I am really trying to take care of my body. For dinner we went to Red Robin for my nephews 1st birthday. Temptation is everywhere but this time it is different to me. I don't want to consume something just because its tastes goods, I want it to feel good & a greasy burger just doesn't. I had a Vegan boca burger with a steamed carrots..YES, I did...and did it taste good? Surprisingly..it did :0)

Day 5- My Juicing Recipe this morning - 2 pears, lots of spinach, carrots, kiwi, lemon
I packed myself a lot of snacks for work. Packing yourself food is ensuring your success on the go. I tried some wonderful juice pulp chips from the gals at work totally impressed. I also must say TEA has been a lifesaver!! Also this cleanse forces me to drink a more water then I am use to. Drinking water has been hard for me because I don't really like plain water & it makes me pee like every 5 min eckk! But water is best fuel for your body so I keep telling myself do it ... do it & I think I am getting better at it.

Day 6- TODAY woot woot This morning I made a wonderful juicy green juice and headed to church. Oh how that cleansed my soul. I have decided to get us on a budget & I don't know if its the cleanse or not but I feel really focused!! I was a hungry monster though...6th day I tell ya! At target I picked up some fruit & carrots. We went to birthday party today...so my plan was to put the pineapple that I bought right by the cake so that every time I wanted some cake... I would grab the pineapple instead **poof it worked!! I had a wonderful vegetable medley dinner and some fruit...and now I am writing this!

Now behind the scenes -

*I admit I have stayed away from fancy recipes or the grains you can have on this diet. I feared that those would be trigger foods for me. I am still working on my discipline so I have to watch myself & just stick to simple.

*I have bought some pre-made green juices for 2 reasons...On the go eaiser & I hate cleaning the juicer all the time -pain in the butt!!



* I plan of starting to dry brush this week haven't been to the co-op yet to get one :0(
* I have to be better some taking my vitamins, Vitamin B is really important when you are vegetarian so its a must for sure.

* I haven't been to the gym in a week :0( I have decided that I am going to take a step back & take a break from hard core exercise until March. Walking & cardio is my main plan.


Okay...so do I feel better? 100% YES YES YES....I really do! I haven't had any stomach issues except I did eat a bit too many mango's the other day ugh! I am feeling cleansed & really noticing a different in myself. I haven't had any eye twitching which I was having daily??? I really curious to see at the end of this how many of the those health issues I wrote down at the beginning of the year have gone a way or aren't as present??

Well, that is a lot about just 6 days huh??!!!???

I hope maybe I have inspired you to look at your health a little. You don't have to do anything drastic but maybe there is something that needs change? Timing is everything... I really believe that. I was ready for this cleanse and just ready for change...

Tomorrow marks 1 whole week...I have to say I am proud of myself and ready to go the distance! 

Happy Juicing, Everyone! 





No comments:

Post a Comment