Monday, December 6, 2010

December- the month of non-stop things to do....

Every year I vow that I am going to Christmas shop in July and it NEVER happens...Why do I do this to myself??? Everyday there seems to be something lately, which is fine but my to-do lists are getting bigger and bigger. 

So.....I am so very thankful for my bible study Monday mornings, it is just what I need to get my week started off right. Today we ended the book, The Purpose Driven Life by: Rick Warren it has been an almost 3 month journey through this book with some wonderful women. I just love getting together hearing so many different experiences & opinions about a subject. As we are discussing the last chapter, Living with Purpose, this paragraph gets brought up and I wanted to share it with you all :0)


How do you know when God is at the center of you life? When God's at the center, you worship. When he's not, you worry. Worry is the warning light that God has been shoved to the sideline. The moment you put him back at the center, you will have peace again. The Bibles says, "A sense of God's wholeness....will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of you life."

I love this paragraph and will write it down and keep it close by to read when I need to be reminded of it. Life gets busy...there are things to do..and in every aspect of life there can be worry but the same goes for God too. He can be in every aspect of your life, if you let him. Through this book I have grown in my faith and in my awareness of who God created me to be. I don't think I learned everything I could from this book and plan on reading it again maybe even yearly? I really recommend if you feel like you want to draw closer to God this book is a great start....and a perfect Christmas gift to share with someone, too!

So as you read last week I am setting 5 Goals each Monday for my week.


Here is my list for this week:
  1. Get some Christmas Shopping done
  2. Go to the Gym twice/Run 3 times
  3. Catch up on my devotionals
  4. Christmas Cards done! 
  5. 1hr. of Quiet Time
Last week I successfully accomplished 2 out of my 5...ugh...but this week I am going to really try to get them all done!

Happy Manic Monday to you!!! 

1 comment:

  1. http://www.google.com/ig/adde?moduleurl=http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/112581010116074801021/penguins.xml&source=imag ....Hope that works!!!!

    ReplyDelete