Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 1 - Can I do this?

Started this morning with a great attitude and motivated...I can do this!!! My mornings are pretty busy to say the least...3 kiddos, you better believe it! Fixed them breakfast then ready to take my 1st bundle of supplements from the Naturopath which included a 12 pills (which was just because she had be take 10 Vitamin D's the 1st day), 1 powder mix & my BP medicine (I have to continue to take it because it is unhealthy to get off it with my BP high as it is) . Okay, so I am not much for drinking funky/nasty stuff..I gag! So I went with the powder mix first mixed with a cup of water. 1...2...3 chug...wasn't so bad actually again thought I can do this!! Next the pills which were actually worse then the drink. I don't know but they basically stated dissolving as I was swallowing them thus making me gag..ugh :0( oh well I got them down! So the supplements are only 1 part of the new routine the other part is the Allergy Elimination Diet which is only for 2-3wks, Here is website that shares some information about it: http://www.kitchentablemedicine.com/allergy-elimination-diet/ . Basically my naturopath is seeing if I have a food allergy that may be causing some of my health issues. So I look at the list of foods...I can't have....I wonder what the heck am I going to eat??????? I grab oatmeal one of the only thing on the okay list that I have in my pantry. I guess I am going to have to go shopping...is this a realistic diet for me...can I do this? Self-doubt trickled in..and then I rememebered why I chose this path because I wanted to feel better, I wanted to get healthy & I want to be good example to my children. The morning came & went I actually noticed that I felt better alittle more energy! For Lunch I had chicken & brown rice then following that I had to take 2 more supplements. It was another busy day as I am climbing in bed I take my last supplement, melatonin, which is for sleep. I have to say within 30min. I was relaxed and sleeping which is not common for me. I did wake up twice still but when I woke in the morning I did not have body aches......HEAVEN!! So more of less day one was a success, it is going to be process/challenge but I really think I can do this!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Holly-

    So glad you have a blog now! You have left multiple sweet comments and I could never reply.

    Good for you to follow your feelings and go down a path that may not be easy but probably the best. This Naturopath sounds amazing. I am all for doing things the natural way, treating the core issues rather than just treating the symptoms.

    Good look, you are in our thoughts!

    Yay for blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was supposed to say "good luck"....not look:)

    ReplyDelete