Monday, December 26, 2011

Love, Peace, Joy & Rest!

Well, Christmas has came & went...mighty fast if you ask me! 
It was a not so common Christmas for us..but as always I just roll with it! 
It felt like Christmas because of the decorations, the gifts under the tree and all. 
I spent all day Friday baking & getting things all set for the weekend. I was really actually organized this year which felt amazing!! I had been battling headaches & sinus pressure for a week :0( Finally gave in a took some meds which made me extremely out of it! Then one after another the kids got sick, then Justin...so we were a sickly bunch this Christmas. 
Christmas Eve we visited the Doctor then rested at home only going to dinner at my Uncle & Aunts (Just the boys & me). As we put the kiddos to bed on Christmas Eve...it just didn't really set in that tomorrow was Christmas. I think one of the biggest reason was 1- Justin worked all weekend! and 2- I missed Christmas Eve service at Church. I truly love going to church singing song & celebrating the true meaning of Christmas, Jesus. Being sick is a bummer but it is what is...We woke up really early because Justin worked. We had a wonderful time opening gifts/ giving gifts with our family & my parents. The kids were all excited & Hadley especially is at just a super FUN age. We stayed home all day just played & I cleaned. It was nice because I realized how much I don't just stay home & be....it was much needed change of pace! Justin got off work, his mom & step father came & we did Christmas with them. We then headed to my parents & had dinner, it was wonderful but everyone was kind of under the weather there too, Dad with a stomach ache (what we all had been battling), Grandpa with a cold, the kids still feeling blucky..
I don't want to sound like Christmas was bad, because it wasn't it was just different. It was nice to be home with my family, I really really missed my husband. The kids got a lot of fun toys and I got pretty spoiled. My mom reminded me that Christmas can really be any day and she is totally right. The season Christmas brings decorations, crazy shopping, parties etc. but really the true essence of Christmas or any holiday can be celebrated any day if you want. God give us each day as a gift just like his gift of Jesus! I am so thankful for all that God has given me & my family. I continue to be amazed by his Grace & light in my life.

I would like to continue to celebrate God greatest Gift, Jesus all year and I can't wait for the next year and all that it may bring!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment