Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sermon thoughts...

God how you know my heart...

I have really been working on being content and having peace in my life.
WELL..what do you know, the sermon this week was all about that. I swear God has a way of just reminding us just when we need it the most that he is here..


One of the verses the pastor talked about was, Luke 9:23-24

"Then he said to them all: " Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it."

Why I wanted to write about this verse is because I insistently saw a visual and then my thoughts wandered....what is my cross??

So I thought on this all day...


My Cross is : my struggle with standing up for what I know is right, my marriage, my children & their future, our fiances, my happiness, pleasing other people, self-discipline...that is just what came to mind.



I know that everyday I have to lay that at God's feet, receive the peace & contentment that only he can give me. That I need to live more sacrificially for him and less superficially for me!

The sermon also talked about letting God's light shine in us and it totally reminded me of my song for this year, so if you haven't already check it out below.

One last amazing verse I wanted to share from this week's sermon:

" I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13

May God give you strength, peace & contentment this coming week!!

Bring on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment