Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Half Day Adventure!

So...the boys had a half day and each one had a friend come over after school.
At first I was like..ahh... they will just play and have fun around the house.
Then at 2:00pm I had an idea...
I wanted to get them out of the house, the weather was fantastic & I hate video games!
I got some paper & pick 10 Ferndale locations..
I told the boys the news..
HEY, BOYS WE ARE GOING ON A SCAVENGER HUNT
Our 2 neighborhood boys wanted to come as well
So with great thanks to my neighbor for letting me borrow her van.
Me & the 6 boys piled in and were ready for the adventure!

I captured it all with my handy dandy camera...


Stop #1 the Library


Stop #2 Dollar Tree, they each got to pick one thing out
Stop #3 DQ

 
Mini Blizzards perfect size
Stop #4 they had to find an eagle...



Stop #5 Pioneer Park but it was all gated up & closed :0(

Stop #6 Hovander Park & I taught the boys how to do a Chinese Fire Drill


Kind of reminds be of the Sound of Music
Stop #7 the Flag Chimney


The boys tried lifting the bridge

one more time..
Silly String Fight (what most of them got at the Dollar Tree)

Stop #8 Haggens for a Cookie


Stop # 9 Cascadia to go on the Monkey Bars &

the swings..



 We had to get back home so we cut it short by 1...which was going to be the Bowling Alley! 

We had sooo much fun!!!
I love that I got to do this with my boys and their friends it was memorable!

This activity took a little over 2 hrs. 
and cost $ 19.50 (that is it for 6 boys)!!
So next time you feel like getting out of the house...get creative and make a little scavenger hunt around town and remember to bring your camera!!!







1 comment: