Tuesday, December 14, 2010

When I feel crumby I make something yummy.....

Chicken with Stars Soup 

The Recipe..
<Combine>
1 can of Chicken Broth
1 & 1/3 cups of Water
splash of olive oil
bay leaf
some dried parsley
cayenne pepper to taste ( I love adding this because it clears my sinuses)
pepper 
handful of baby carrots cut up
simmer...
<Combine>
onion - handful size
celery - ditto
a splash olive oil
...let them sweat a bit...
<Add to broth mixture>
Cook chicken breast whole...
then shred & add to soup
let simmer for 10 min.
<add>
Star pasta
let cook for like 5min...
then done :0)
This is a really chunky soup, you can add more broth if you like more but I like it chunky!

Haddie gobbled this up & screamed for more!!!!!
Hopefully, this will help me feel better....it usually does...maybe it just a placebo but worth a shot!



1 comment:

  1. Holly! You are so sweet. Ready for a long comment?:

    I just read your "tag", love it.

    And your first ornament? That dear is so cute, those things sell like hot cakes on etsy...just claim it as "vintage" :) Are we really that old that our childhood stuff is now "vintage"?!

    Your soup looks so great, I too love it when its chunky, the more veggies crammed in there, the better.

    And your motherhood post, so true. You have such good focus and remembering to rely on God, He's the only other person that knows your children more than you do! Thanks for the reminder.

    Hope you have a great day! Glad we can be blog-friends:)

    ReplyDelete